Friday, May 23, 2008

My baby smiles at me!

As Liam approaches his nine week birthday on Monday, I thought I'd beter get on the ball and record some of the events of the last couple of weeks.
***
Weeks seven and eight were full of exciting events...first, he started smiling! Real, honest-to-goodness smiles that could in no way be mistaken for gas! Ha! He's such a happy little guy, especially in the morning. I just kept the camera on the bookshelf above his changing table for the past two weeks and took pictures of him smiling at me. It's the best feeling in the world!
Of course, it's equally as cute (maybe more) when he frowns. That little lower lip just kills me. You can't help but make the same face right back at him. I love this baby.

Another milestone was his "talking". He's been cooing and ahh-ing up a storm...again, especially first thing in the morning. We'll have whole conversations together just smiling and making baby sounds...it's the best! James and I had the best time playing with him last night before bed. Liam just loves making faces and talking to his daddy. :)


I just have to scoop him up and cuddle him when he starts frowning. He absolutely melts my heart. :)


And probably one of the biggest milestones of the past two weeks was his ability to sleep through the night! The first night was on the 15th at 7 1/2 weeks when he slept a solid 8 hours. I woke up and it was daylight and realized I hadn't gotten up all night...I jumped out of bed & looked in his bassinet - he was just lying there looking around and kicking his little feet. But then the next night it was back to the 3:00 a.m. feeding. He's sleping longer stretches (averaging about 5 hours at a time right now) as the weeks go by, and he slept another eight hours this week on the 20th at 8 weeks.

***
So there you have it! I have the most amazing baby in the world!

No comments: