Monday, August 18, 2008



My baby is getting so big!

I took this picture last week sans diaper...I was trying to capture one of his newest skills...getting his toes in his mouth! He's also sitting up unsupported if you sit him up. He can't sit himself up quite yet, but he can sit up for a while playing with toys or examining his feet. He's also now making what we call "grabbie hands". He reaches for everything, and if it's too big for him to grasp (like a shoulder or his crib bumper), he opens and closes his fist against it. It's really sweet when I'm putting him down for the night and he does his little "grabbie hands" on my shoulder or cheek.

He's also tearing up some baby food! Here he is eating bananas on Friday and prunes this morning:


He's finally getting the hang of eating off of a spoon...it's so fun to sit and feed him and talk to him. Currently he loves rice cereal, applesauce, bananas, peaches, pears, and now prunes. We'll probably start vegetables next week...hopefully he likes them as much as he likes fruit!



Well, I hear the little monkey now waking up from his nap. He sounds hungry! :)


2 comments:

The Nealons said...

i LOVE that top picture!!!

Unknown said...

Nikki - you did a beautiful job on that picture of Liam. I couldn't have done that one better myself ;)