Thursday, March 27, 2008

Liam Arrives!

Just over a week early, little Liam decided to make his grand entrance at 10:50 p.m. on Monday, March 24th. Here are pictures from his birthday!

I went to my doctor's office at 9:15 a.m. to confirm that my water had actually broken earlier that morning. It wasn't dramatic like TV, so I wasn't sure. My doctor confirmed that my water had indeed broken, so they wheeled me over to labor & delivery where we began the waiting process.
Also - I don't know why it has decided to cut off all of the rest of the captions below this...I'll work on it again tomorrow :)


Dad making phone calls...





9:00 p.m. and still waiting. Brie reads me cards that her students made for me that day to wish us luck.





Amy was able to join us from Sandersville as well. I was so happy to have them both there. They were both scheduled to be out of town to San Diego and Nicaragua next week, so I was so glad Liam decided to come early!






Around 10:00 p.m., the rest of my water broke...this time it was dramatic like TV!! But I had the epidural by that time, so I wasn't feeling a thing. Things moved much faster after that...after about 30 minutes of pushing, Liam was here! He was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long...and another reason to be glad he came early!





First shampoo...not too sure about how much he likes this!





This is my favorite picture of the day.







Hello, Mama!






Nana and Grandpa




Grandad explains to Liam how he wore his UGA jacket just for him...but that he has orange Vol booties to give him later when he changes his mind :)




Granny




Auntie Brie




Auntie Amy...he'll get to meet Uncle Nick this weekend.




More photos to follow...this week has gone by so fast! Thank you to everyone for their phone calls, flowers, gifts, prayers and LOVE during this time!!! There are not words to express how much our hearts have grown since he arrived..
We give God the glory for this miracle and blessing!


Check back soon!


7 comments:

The Hudgins said...

wow! congrats james and nikki! james i cant believe you are a daddy! isnt it amazing? praying for you guys during these first days.
congratulations. he is absolutely perfect.

ZC said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful! I know you are enjoying every minute!

Catherine and Brooke said...

So sweet! He's beautiful! Can't wait to meet him! We're so excited for y'all. Keep the pictures coming!!

The Nealons said...

YAY!!! Thank you so much for posting. The pictures are fantastic and the whole family looks amazing! I can't wait to see more, but I know you guys have got a lot on your plate now!
Love and big Hugs to you ALL!

The Newly Mrs. said...

Hooray! Welcome Liam! He is such a cutie...and mom and dad looked so calm through the whole process. Congrats to the family. You are all adorable! I can't wait to meet little Liam in person!

Unknown said...

Yeah! It was so fun seeing you and meeting the little man last night! Brayden and Baxter sure added to the ball of energy that boy will grow into. I love seeing the picture updates, there are some really sweet ones of you, James, and Liam, and of the grandparents and your sisters too.
Liam is beautiful in those pics - and I'm so glad I got to meet him and touch that sweet, soft skin in person. All my love and prayers to you as you continue this wonderful and exciting journey of being parents. He is adorable!
Love, Kelly

Unknown said...

How wonderful! What a beautiful family! I can't wait to come and meet Liam sometime soon!

Love, Blair